Baker Donelson is among the 75 largest law firms in the country, with more than 650 attorneys and public policy advisors representing more than 30 practice areas to serve a wide range of legal needs. Clients receive knowledgeable guidance from experienced, multi-disciplined industry and client service teams, all seamlessly connected across 21 offices in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
The roots of our Birmingham office can be traced to the firm Abe Berkowitz founded in 1928 during the Great Depression. In the late '50s and early '60s, Mr. Berkowitz was outspoken in his opposition to prevailing unfair laws and customs, embodied by Public Safety Commissioner ''Bull'' Connor. While this made him a target for anti-civil rights extremists, he ultimately contributed to changing Birmingham's form of government, unseating Connor from his position of control. The firm grew tremendously in the ensuing decades, as Abe Berkowitz and original partner Arnold Lefkovits built a client-oriented culture of service which continued up until its combination with Baker Donelson in 2003 and is still alive today.
- Our pro bono work includes advocating for the homeless, death penalty litigation and legal services to non-profits.
- We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where the differences among us are understood and appreciated.
- Innovation is part of our culture - we are hardwired to approach the practice of law in new ways.
- If you want to be a part of a successful and inclusive team, click here to learn more about working at Baker Donelson.
- Click here to learn more about the more than 60 attorneys in our Birmingham office.
Whom to Contact
- Ms. Brook RedmondDirector of Business Development
Baker Donelson is located in downtown Birmingham on the 14th floor of the Shipt Tower at 420 20th Street North.